I have to admit to y’all that I am not a big fan of chicken. I mean, I like it, but I am always looking for a new way to make it so it’s more exciting. So please share recipes with me! I was searching Pinterest, as I try to do when I have time, and came across this delicious recipe. I had all the ingredients on hand, which is key for me. With our sweet baby, we aren’t always fully stocked in the kitchen because we are so busy with him. (And who wants to grocery shop when you can laugh with the sweetest four month old around?)
The recipe is really simple and we made it in record chicken-cooking time. Check it out here.
-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
-Salt and pepper (fresh ground or not)
-1/2 cup grated Parmesan, Pecorino, or Asiago cheese (I used the stuff from the jar.)
-1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
-3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
-2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley (I used the dried kind.)
-2 garlic cloves, chopped (I used minced garlic)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a large pan with foil or spray a casserole dish. (I used a large pyrex dish.)
2. Season chicken with salt and pepper and place in prepared dish.
3. Combine cheese, panko, oil, parsley, and garlic in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Cover chicken with panko mixture. I made entirely too much to just “cover” my chicken breasts. It filled my whole pan. (I was trying to not have a few tablespoons of panko left in my box.)
5. Roast chicken until crumbs become golden brown. I covered the whole dish for the first 10 or 15 minutes, then removed foil and allowed crumbs to crisp. This was a very quick process.
The recipe I used from Bon Appetit added romaine to the mix and roasted it as well. Looks delicious, but I didn’t have that in my kitchen. We made some rice and veggies for the sides and it was delicious. I have to say the flavor and crispiness of the panko made this chicken delicious. I will definitely make this one again. It’s too easy!
Happy chicken eating. (That sounds kinda odd. Oh well!)