So I recently read on a few different blogs about this amazing 5 minute microwave Chocolate Cake… And of course, I had to try it.
- 1 largecoffee mug
- 4 tablespoons plain flour(do not use self-rising)
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons oil
- Small splash of vanilla
- Add dry ingredients to mug and mix well.
- Add egg & mix thoroughly.
- Pour in the milk and oil and mix well… again
- Add vanilla, mix again.
- Set mug in the microwave & cook for 2½ to 3 min at 1,000 watts.
- Cake will rise over the top of the mug if you use a normal sized mug (Mine was huge, so it didn’t)
- I tried just over 2.5 min the first round – NOT GOOD. But it might be my old microwave.
- Remove from microwave.
- Allow cake to cool a little, then tip out onto a plate, if desired.
- Decorate as you prefer…. I used Nutella and Powdered Sugar.
And EAT. It wasn’t my favorite cake. I think I need to try again because if you cook too long by any means – it gets rubbery. Eww.