I made a couple soups this week after feeling sick last weekend and they were both a hit! I got a bigger response on facebook when I posted that I made this one so I thought I’d put it up first.
My grandma and mother both make a crab and shrimp soup that is tomato based and yummy, but I was craving something more chowder like. This soup is made in the crock pot and makes your home smell like yummy seafood goodness. It was creamy and tasty! So let’s get straight to it!
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 32 ounces fresh or frozen corn
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 (6-ounce) can lump crabmeat, drained (I totally didn’t drain these when I put them in, yum still)
- 1 frozen bag of shrimp (uncooked, peeled)
- cubed red potatoes
- sliced celery (at least 4 stalks)
- 1 cup heavy cream (or half and half)