I have never cooked or even eaten spaghetti squash before this attempt. I am not sure I would’ve ever tried, but David went to the grocery store and came home with one. I asked why he bought one (considering I’ve never made one and it wasn’t on the list). His response, “You told me to buy vegetables on sale.” So here sat my challenge: figure out how to cook spaghetti squash. There are a lot of theories on how to cook spaghetti squash, just do a quick search and you’ll come across lots of ideas: cut on the equator, microwave, roast, don’t cut open, cut open. You get the idea. Here’s how I did it.
-1 spaghetti squash
-Salt and Pepper
-1 jar spaghetti sauce
-1 pound ground turkey
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease the pan.
2. Carefully cut the spaghetti squash in half (not along the equator). Scoop out the seeds and insides.
3. Coat the squash with a small amount of butter (or oil) and then season with salt and pepper. Place the squash cut side down on the greased pan. Cook at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Turn the squash over and cook for 10 more minutes.
4. Remove the squash from the oven and let it sit for 10-20 minutes.
5. Using a fork, pull out the inside of the squash. It easily comes out and instantly looks pretty!
6. While the squash is cooking, cook and season your ground turkey and warm up spaghetti sauce.
7. Combine all ingredients and enjoy!
I think we’ll be making this again soon! Seriously yummy.