As you can see by my recent posts, I’ve been crafting up a storm. Particularly wreaths. I’ve had these wreath forms laying around my house and been waiting to find time to do something spectacular with them. Well, here it goes. I found inspiration from non other than pinterest for this one.
-Wine corks for stems (or sticks)
-Yarn or fabric to wrap wreath
-Extra fabric or ribbon for a bow
1. Wrap your wreath form in yarn or fabric or ribbon to create a background or base for your pumpkins.
2. Cut my fabric into random sized rectangles to create different size pumpkins. I sewed down the middle (horizontally) of each rectangle to create a gathering stitch to give the pumpkins shape. Then sewing right sides together, stitch up the two vertical sides of your pumpkins.
3. Flip the pocket right side out. Pull the gathering stitch to create the bottom gather, and stuff your pumpkins with batting.
4. Hand stitch the top of each pumpkin. I gathered each top together and used embroidery thread to make a tight gathered top.
5. Hot glue your corks or sticks to create a top for each pumpkin. I had broken corks I found worked best to vary in size depending on the pumpkin size.
6. Arrange finished pumpkins on wreath. I used a foam wreath and straight pins to attach. You could hot glue the pumpkins to the wreath for a more permanent wreath. I added the yellow bow to give it some dimension and spice.
What do you think?