Chocolate Chip Cookies: Gluten free, Egg free, Refined Sugar free!April 4, 2013
Don’t let the title deter you. These cookies are delicious and sweet! I couldn’t wait to blog and tell y’all about them! I had an intense sweet tooth yesterday and my orange did not hold me over. I searched Pinterest for a delicious and manageable dessert to feed my needs. I stumbled across this recipe that has just a few ingredients, and all ingredients were already in my kitchen! Jackpot!
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe yields one dozen cookies (if you don’t eat all the dough)
-1 2/3 cups almond meal, slightly packed
-1/4 cup coconut oil, room temperature
-2 tablespoons maple syrup (or honey)
-1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract (apparently there is gluten free extract, I didn’t use that)
-1/2 teaspoon sea salt (I used coarse Kosher salt)
-1/4 teaspoon baking soda
-Mini chocolate chips (however much you like proportionate to your cookies)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease or line a cookie sheet.
2. In a large bowl, combine first three ingredients (almond meal, coconut oil, maple syrup). I used a hand mixer to combine ingredients. The coconut oil gets a little tricky since it’s more of a solid at room temperature. It eventually works its way around. You could use a stand mixer.
3. Add in vanilla, salt, and baking soda. Stir in chocolate chips.
4. Roll the dough into balls and shape as you please on cookie sheet. They do not change shape while baking.
5. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until bottoms are golden brown. The cookies do not brown on top much.
6. Allow cookies to completely cool before transferring to a paper towel to absorb excess oil. (I skipped this step out of purely not reading directions.)
These are delicious. Be careful when biting into them, they tend to crumble a bit, and we don’t like to waste cookie in our house!
Posted in Bake. | Tagged almond meal, bake, Baking, chocolate chip, chocolate chip cookies, cookies, delicious, dessert, egg free, gluten free, healthy, maple syrup, refined sugar free, sweet, sweets, treat |